Enlightenment is an action-shooter Roguelike game with a unlinear narrative. Players will venture into a Wasteland-inspired dungeon known as the Ark and experience a risky journey plagued by crisis. The original inhabitants of this dim underground complex and those who have dared to enter it have either died or have lost their mind. Will you be the exception to the rule?
"...the asteroid hit the Earth in the end anyways, and fxxked everybody up." "So let's cut this short: An asteroid wiped out civilization as we know it. Some wasteland tramp discovered that the asteroid shards grant possessors unexplained powers; so they founded this cult, calling it the 'Scientific Church of Enlightenment' and this 'Church of Enlightenment' built the Ark and they built a whole city around it. It's gonna be where the restoration of humanity starts, they said. But just look around you; these streets are all empty, not a soul to be seen at all now." "Sounds worthy of your life to have a look... right?"
- Procedurally-generated Dungeons In the underground complex of The Ark, use the environment to your advantage as you fight against enemies in challenging scenarios that change every time you enter the game.
- Unlockable Weapons and Items As you return to the starting camp after death, talk to the different merchant to purchase potent unlockables like new guns and other consumables to help you on your next journey.
- Difficulty and Hardcore Play In the beginning you may die a lot, maybe even "a lot" a lot. Just give Enlightenment and yourself a bit more time and patience and everything's going to be alright.
- Smooth, Fast-paced Fighting Experience As you get through the game, the fluidly-animated action and sense of accomplishment from overcoming what's thrown to you will provide a rewarding experience. Stay wary though, as there are a lot surprises!
- Weird, Post-Apocalyptic Story In Enlightenment, you will obtain scattered information about the world constantly. These jigsaw pieces are hidden in item descriptions, the environment, and through NPC interactions which eventually form a "Big Picture" look about the end of the world and the society, culture, and religion that it left behind.
Logo & Icon
About Coconut Island Games
- Coconut Island is an independent game studio based in Shanghai, China. They craft games and help other indie studios publish their titles. They also help to organize China’s biggest indie games community/conference IndieACE with their own experience as earliest Chinese indie.
- More information
- More information on Coconut Island Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.